|Coto houses approximately 13,057 residents.
The scenic community of Coto de Caza is known as a unique, private and gated community in South Orange County with big homes and well-known housewives. But did you know that besides being known for the place where the Bravo reality-based TV show, The Real Housewives of Orange County is set, Coto de Caza has some other very interesting factoids:
- According to the 2000 US Census, Coto de Caza has a total population of 13,057.
- The Coto de Caza community has about 4,000 homes and is one of Orange County's oldest master- planned communities.
- The 2000 US Census also reports Coto de Caza has 6,514 Males or (49.9 percent) and 6,543 Females or (50.1 percent).
- The median resident age in Coto de Caza is 34.9 years old.
- The median household income is $136,726 (year 2000).
- Median house value: $513,300 (year 2000).
- The Coto de Caza master-planned community was started in 1968 as a hunting lodge.
- The Coto de Caza master-planned community was completed in 2003.
- There are still quite a few lots available that have not been developed in Coto de Caza.
- The name ‘Coto de Caza does not translate to ‘Preserve of the Hunt’ in Portuguese as many believe. The name ‘Coto de Caza’ is actually Spanish for ‘Hunt Reserve’ also meaning the reserve is private.