|Applications must be received no later than March 5.
Got water or any interest in water? Are you a local RSM graduating senior?
There are five spots available on the Santa Margarita Water District’s Jim Mizell Memorial Water and Environmental Scholarship Program that was designed for students whose educational plans or career path include water related issues, and to encourage students to pursue scientific, financial and/or environmental education in the United States.
The scholarships are open to graduating high school applicants with awards of academic assistance of $1,000 to be paid directly to an accredited junior college, college or university.
So what do you need to apply?
- You must be a citizen of the United States;
- Currently live within the Santa Margarita Water District service area;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) in all completed courses; and
- You must intend to major in a discipline related to water, engineering, biological, social or physical sciences, mathematics, finance, accounting, business administration or environmental studies.
When submitting an application be sure to submit these items before the deadline of March 5:
- The application form
- A personal statement
- Two references
- A copy of high school transcript
Completed applications (and all supporting components) should be submitted to the Santa Margarita Water District via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to P.O. Box 7005, Mission Viejo, CA 92690-7005, Attention: Martina Trotta or, fax to 949.589.6528. Applications must be received no later than March 5.