|Get the great taste without the guilt!
Q: Nachos is a popular appetizer at most gatherings, but is there a healthier version that I can serve without all the guilt?
-C. Staffordson, Mission Viejo, CA
A: Absolutely! This recipe is easy and delicious not to mention that it is only 69 calories, 1 gram of fat and only 153 milligrams of sodium per serving. Serve this at your next pot luck gathering and no one will notice the difference. Makes four servings, enjoy!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (about 6 ounces)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- 4 ounces low fat tortilla chips (Trader Joes)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Place chips on 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- Cook and stir five minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken and tomatoes.
- Spoon tomato mixture, cheese and olives over chips. Bake five minutes or until cheese melts.
949.292.1799 | 30555 Trabuco Canyon Rd. # 101, Trabuco Canyon, CA www.ShawnsStudioFitness.com